Our web marketer will be responsible for bringing excellence to website production with strong focus on tactical campaign execution. You will be consulting with cross-discipline marketing teams in order to establish media objectives and strategies that satisfy internal stakeholder marketing objectives. In addition to this, you will be expected to hunt down new opportunities, new publishers, and innovative ways to market our clients.
The job will involve hands on technical work, as well as campaign management, so a strong background in digital is an absolute must.
Day-to-day duties will include:
- – Ensuring the efficient day-to-day technical SEO management of client accounts.
- – Carrying out ‘hands on’ onsite and technical changes, and digital marketing research.
- – Ensuring ‘best practice SEO’ is applied across all client accounts.
- – Analysing and drawing insight from third party analytics data.
- – Carrying out thorough backlink analysis.
- – Providing ideas and solutions to complex technical SEO issues.
- – Working closely with our development and CRO teams to ensure best practice is upheld across the board.
- – To carry out technical SEO maintenance and updates for a number of key accounts.
- – To carry out detailed initial SEO audits for new clients as and when required.
- – To recommend on-site and technical changes, and to carry out ‘hands-on’ changes where required.
- – To carry out keyword and market research for new clients.
- – The planning and execution of online plans, with the aim to increase organic and SEO-driven leads.
- – Execute Local SEO auditing and provide strategic recommendations.
- – Present new ideas and strategise for future optimisation.
- – Create and maintain analytics accounts including Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager and Search Console.
- – Manage and report on the traffic as a result of digital marketing plans using multiple tracking systems.
- – Manage media billing to ensure accurate weekly billing audits and budget recaps.
- – Participate in weekly campaign and status meetings, and manage feedback on campaigns.
- – Work closely with creative teams to develop and implement new campaigns.
The ideal candidate will:
- – Have experience using a variety of SEO tools including Google Webmaster Tools, SEO PowerSuite, Searchmetrics Suite, Screaming Frog, etc..
- – Be fluent in the technical SEO elements that are critical in maintaining reputation during website migrations.
- – Be familiar with the purpose and rationale behind keyword mapping and how it impacts content creation.
- – Have an understanding of website best practices to help SEO visibility (i.e., social sharing functionality).
- – Have dealt with issues such as spam backlinks, orphan links, etc., and understand how to resolve these problems.
- – Have knowledge of advanced Excel tools including pivot tables, compound conditional logic formulas, sumif statements, h and vlookup formulas, text search formulas, etc..
- – Understand all marketing channels (display, social, etc.) and how SEM fits into the larger marketing portfolio.
Measurement, reporting and communication:
Part of this job role will entail you reporting to both internal teams and external clients. As such, understanding how to measure, report and communicate your activities is essential to this job role. The following is a list of activities that we expect from the successful candidate:
- – To measure the effectiveness of the campaigns across your client accounts by monitoring and reporting on KPIs.
- – To ensure all reports are of a top quality written standard and adhere to our in-house style.
- – To provide timely and efficient responses to any client queries via both email and phone.
- – To attend and actively take part in client calls (where appropriate).
- – To efficiently manage your workload and accurately record your time in Spot Studio’s time management system.
- – To freely share knowledge, insight, best practice, tactics and ideas.
- – To ensure your knowledge of the search engine marketing industry is kept up to date and relevant by researching/reading blogs and news sources.
- – 4+ years experience in a technical SEO role in an agency environment.
- – An excellent understanding of how Google and other search engines rank pages.
- – Current knowledge of SEO tactics and trends.
- – Proficient knowledge of Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager and Google Search Console
- – A passion for digital, not just SEO, with a general thirst for knowledge and an interest in new platforms/channels.
- – Excellent literacy, with the ability to produce quality written reports.
- – Strong time management and planning skills.
- – Good working knowledge of WordPress.
- – Good working knowledge of HTML, CSS and JS.